Subscribe

RSS Feed (xml)

Powered By

Skin Design:
Free Blogger Skins

Powered by Blogger

11 October 2006

My hero

Honestly, I do wonder about Duller some days. OK, most days. The other day, he was walking the dog around the back 40 and came back up front quicker than usual. He insisted he heard 'something big' moving along next to him in the woods. Well, what on earth did he think it was?! The worst it could be is a black bear. He spotted the walkie talkies and insisted we get batteries for them soonly, so next time he's out there, if he's 'about to be attacked' by something, he can let me know. So, let me get this straight. If he thinks he's in danger, he's going to call me out to save him?! Kinda like my father, who'd tell my mother to go first and if somebody jumped her, he'd run for help. LOL!

We've lived here about 7 years and I have yet to see a bear. We saw bear tracks in our driveway a few years ago, but no sign since. We see deer fairly often, and rabbits. Even a wild turkey now and again. We've had to remove a Spotted Skunk and an armadillo. And the coons love to raid our garbage cans. If there were any bears still out there, I'd think they'd be joining the coons in some of those midnight snacks.

I shouldn't be surprised. Duller is a native, but definitely not a cracker. He used to believe that you could easily tell the bulls from the cows, coz the bulls have horns. It's downright embarrassin', I tell ya!

Behold, I give unto you power to tread on serpents and scorpions, and over all the power of the enemy: and nothing shall by any means hurt you. - Luke 10:19

Have a JESUS-filled day! ^i^

No comments: