Subscribe

RSS Feed (xml)

Powered By

Skin Design:
Free Blogger Skins

Powered by Blogger

09 October 2006

Experimenting in the Kitchen

Colada chicken turned out really nice. I marinated the chicken cutlets in pina colada mix for about an hour, then cooked it in a little coconut oil and served it topped with a few pineapple bits.. Duller loved it, DS thought it was pretty good and I thought it was nice, but the texture didn't suit the taste. I'm going to try again tomorrow with shrimp. Shrimp will be perfect.

DS and I put together a kinda stir-fry thing tonight. We sliced up a little steak, some red potatoes, green onions, broccoli, baby carrots, and garlic. He did his in sesame oil and I used coconut oil. Both were delicious. It's nice to have somebody to play with in the kitchen.

And yes, I use coconut oil a lot. I nearly always substitute it for butter or oil. It's really good on baked potatoes with sour cream and a little ranch dressing. I usually get the kind that still has the coconut flavour. Try it. You'll like it. 8-]

Have a JESUS-filled day! ^i^

No comments: