Subscribe

RSS Feed (xml)

Powered By

Skin Design:
Free Blogger Skins

Powered by Blogger

01 October 2006

I'm always at a loss as to how to start something like this. Once I get going, I eventually find my rhythm, but the first post is just so awkward. So, let's get it over with. Here's my first post.

I didn't get much sleep last night. About 1.30AM, as I was typing away on the puter, Duller came in and informed me we had no water. Do y'all have any idea how hard it is to find a plumber (well-digger in this case) in the wee hours on party night? Much less one who's willing to drive out to the boonies. We finally did find someone who said he was about 20 minutes away, but wouldn't be out for at least an hour. Apparently, he wanted to have a pot of coffee first, bless his heart, just in case he'd had one too many at his cousin's party. When he finally got here, just after 3, Duller dragged out the 5-million candlepower (think stadium) light and trudged out to the well with him. About an hour and just under $200 later, the water flowed once more. Around 5.30 (or so) AM, I finally managed to drift off for a few hours. I tried to get up around 9.30, but I can't pull that off anymore. I finally gave up about 10:30 and curled up with my Sudoku book. Next thing I knew, it was 2.45PM! Now if we could just get the conditioner people to get off their keisters and figure out why our water is tan...

Y'all have a JESUS-filled day!

No comments: