Subscribe

RSS Feed (xml)

Powered By

Skin Design:
Free Blogger Skins

Powered by Blogger

13 January 2009

Mystery solved

Florida pescatorial expert FC caught the fish in the mystery pic. Well, he didn't actually catch the fish. 8-}

This Great Blue Heron knows that where there are fishermen, there are handouts. Why go out and work for your supper? Just stand in the welfare line and you'll eventually get a free meal.


Much as I appreciated the photo op, I was pretty sure it's not good for the birds. So I googled my query and found even more reasons than I'd imagined. This article sums it up. (Warning: there will be tears).

1 comment:

Susan Humeston said...

Don't worry - I don't need to read the article. My husband and I went to Naples pier a few months ago and there was a pelican on the roof of t he pier that had fishing line coming out of his beak - I think the hook was stuck in his beak. I wanted to help him, but he wouldn't come down - there were too many people. I know I'm a softy, but the fish being caught and their heads cut off was a bit disquieting too. I love fresh fish - to eat - I'm just a wuss, I guess.