Subscribe

RSS Feed (xml)

Powered By

Skin Design:
Free Blogger Skins

Powered by Blogger

19 November 2008

ketchup in the freezer

Starting to catch up...
Ah, go ahead and tag yourownselves. I didn't name names, but you know you wanna. 8-]
And freezing in Flarda! No kidding... it was in the 20s last night. We're trying to keep the thermostat set low, but it's kinda hard to function while you're curled up in a tight little ball under three blankets. KnowwhutImeanVern? Here it is midday and still in the 40s. Whatever the area forecast, we can generally expect to be 5-10° lower, which means our nights will be close to or below freezing most of the next week. I sure love those 3 days of fall we get every year before hibernation.

7 comments:

Rhoda @ Southern Hospitality said...

Sophie, yep it is cold here too! It was close to the 30's last night, I'm sure. Have to get outside right in the middle of the day to keep from freezing. I'm still walking every day & just took a nice bike ride (bundled up) & it was very pleasant. Love sunny FL!

Sayre said...

We keep the thermostat no higher than 62 at night. Jammies and blankets and nice warm cats! We are a hardy people...

R.Powers said...

Brrrr here too. We keep our heat down low like Sayre so lots of blankets and wonderfully low electric bills this time of year.

BParrish said...

I KNOW!! I hate being cold and tend to hibernate all winter after the temps drop. I keep looking for all the afghans in the house and it's so hard to do laundry and dishes with a blanket wrapped around you....

Patricia said...

I LOVE the cold weather. I love wearing sweatshirts and wool scarves and socks. I can't believe I have lived in Florida my entire life and have never adjusted to the heat and humidity. We haven't had it quite as cold as you...mid-30's the past two nights. We live in a pocket that is always colder than towns around us, but then that is typical for most rural areas, I think. I'm waiting for the temp to get above 50 so I can get outside with my books and my camera and the sunshine on my face. =)

SophieMae said...

Rhoda, at least today was pleasant. 8-]

Sayre, my blood is too thin. I'll keep the thermo down, but I won't like it. 8-/

FC, seems like a tad early to be quite this cold. But the power bill break is a definite plus.

Brenda, I need to get more blankets, coz Duller keeps yanking them off me in the middle of the night. >:\

Patricia, I love wearing the warm clothes, as well, but prefer the not-so-cold nights. I grew up in Tampa Bay area with no AC, so it only started bothering me the past few years. It got up to the 60s today and I never made it out as planned. 8-{

Graceanne Grateful said...

Hey, honey, you think it was cold down there; it was 16 up here last night. (...South of Atlanta !!!) Wish I could just hibernate like an old bear. LOL
Stay as warm as you can.
Love in Jesus, Graceanne :)