Subscribe

RSS Feed (xml)

Powered By

Skin Design:
Free Blogger Skins

Powered by Blogger

03 January 2008

Shooting Stars

Bundle up and step outside around 1.30AM (EST) tonight. The Qaudrantid meteor shower might just be the best of the year. Maximum activity is expected about 1.40AM. Check out this article to find out more.


I'm having a hard time getting back in the writing groove. The experts say a little time off is good, that you come back with a new perspective. I've come back with an empty head. I haven't even taken a single picture yet this year. And the exercise/workout habit I had just established when I got sick has withered. So here I sit with no gumption and no scathingly brilliant insights into life, the universe and everything. I do have some great ideas for rearranging my office. But that will have to wait for the weekend when Duller is here to do the heavy lifting. Meanwhile, I'll be curled up with my heating pad under the blankets until it feels like Flarda again.

Y'all have a JESUS-filled day! ^i^
.

7 comments:

Steve said...

That's tough when the ideas won't come...been there plenty! Then, one day, they do. Either way, know where your towel is.

Thanks for the heads-up about the meteor shower.

  said...

Digital Camera Favorites, PC Magazine Includes comments by readers.

Peggy at Kayak Paddle Tales is especially knowledgeable about cameras used for outdoor photos. She lives over in Greenville.

(Personally I was about to get a Cannon SD1000 until I was swayed by Cheyguy's comment on the PC Magazine's article.

R.Powers said...

Hibernation might be a good idea right now ... brrrr.
I had to make a road trip down to Brooksville yesterday and found a lake in the Withlacoochee Forest that was loaded with waders and waterfowl. Everything from woodcocks to sandhills!

SophieMae said...

Steve, it's hard to imagine you at a loss. 8-] It was so cold last night, I forgot to even think about going outside. *sigh*

Lesle, thanks ever so for the PCMag link! I always read everything I can find before deciding. This time 'round, the more I know, the harder the decision seems to be.

FC, it didn't hit 40 up here till around 11. I sure hope the forecast for the weekend is right.

I can't wait to get back down to sandhill country. I'm going to try, this time, to make more time for the woods. Did you get any woodcock pics?

Meems said...

sophie: I don't blame you for cuddling up with the cold you guys are getting up Narth.LOL Creativity comes by inspiration and inspiration well... you just have to wait for it. I feel confident it will come back to you when you least expect it and I'll be looking forward to it.

If you get a second would you be so kind to stop my blog and help ID a teeny feathered friend for me? Good thing you have that laptop you won't have to get out from under the covers to do it. LOL

Anonymous said...

Is it Flarda yet?

SophieMae said...

Meems, I'm afraid I'm getting too used to the laptop in bed. LOL!

BP, almost... it was downright warm today. I enjoyed every minute out in the sun. It was low-mid 40s around midnight tonight.