Subscribe

RSS Feed (xml)

Powered By

Skin Design:
Free Blogger Skins

Powered by Blogger

14 April 2010

Mystery solved

Y'all were on the right track. KellyRae nailed it. It was a Luna Moth. I wish I could've gotten better pics. He was hanging on our pollen-covered sliding glass door the other night. I snapped a couple zoomed shots, then kneeled for a close-up. Reckon he was phobically camera-shy, coz just as I aimed, he swooned and dropped to the ground. I wasn't too keen on crawling under the back steps in the wee hours, so this is as good as it gets. I don't know if it was the extra-long, extra-cold winter or last months monsoon, but we seem to have an abundance of lunae this year. This was the third in 2 weeks.

1 comment:

Susan Rose said...

Hi, SophieMae. We have Luna Moths in Georgia too. Click my name to see a newly-hatch beauty.

Have a blessed week!